Welcome to the Vochlea Forums. Introduce yourself!

Hi all, faran here. Received my kit this morning and have downloaded the software on my Mac. Don’t have time to test it yet but cannot wait to do so.

4 Likes

Hi, I’m Jeff, a dabbling lyricist who occasionally contributes jingles/themes to podcasts and online broadcasts looking to expand options on the music creation side.

2 Likes

Hi …first post , just getting to grips with it all …

2 Likes

Sounds great, I personally think it works really well with experimental soundscapes. When trying to think outside of the box it’s great to free yourself from the keyboard

Excited to hear what you make!

2 Likes
  • Who are you? - Hey all, I’m Matt, another music-tech creator and Director of Growth at Jamstik smart guitars. I’m a MIDI enthusiast and a big fan of crowdfunding.
  • What are you planning to do with Dubler? - I love the idea of song ideation & creation translated to MIDI via my voice!
  • What excites you about Dubler? - I think it will be a good way for me to improve my confidence and pitch with singing, as well as give me a creative outlet to write music with something that’s always come naturally to me, my voice.
  • What sort of music do you produce? - I’m excited to find out! Usually on the progressive trance side but I’m excited to see what types of soundscapes and lyrical backgrounds I can produce.

Glad to meet everyone that’s gathered here around the Dubler experience!

-Matt

2 Likes

I should mention - it’s a busy time of year for me, but I had to download the software and plug in for a bit.

Long registration code - but that was my only complaint :slight_smile: Ran the app, opened up Ableton to run a MIDI instrument, dropped Serum in and was recording a cool bassline over a stock loop in minutes.

I imagine using headphones next time will help with accuracy, but a little quantization and delay adjustments and I know this should be a worthwhile experience that will only get better with time. (on my skillset using it, as well as the devs response to feedback.)

Cheers for the launch guys and thanks for building this!

4 Likes

Hey there, I am Frank and just got the package and can’t wait to setup my label partner’s studio with Dubler.
We’re aiming at writing songs (containing instruments like piano, synths and percussion) mainly with Dubler. I am excited about getting hands of the computer and writing songs in a different way.

We’re creating electro acoustic stuff elsewhere - focus on diversity.

3 Likes

Hey, everybody,

I’m a musician from Russia, looking forward to a package.

I plan to use Dubler instead of a midi keyboard. I don’t play well on the keyboards, and maybe Dubler will be a great helper for me.

I make a light RnB, HipHop.

3 Likes

Hi all Dubler friends :slight_smile:
Just received it and downloaded the software.
I mainly work with light and sound design for improvised theatre.
Have ideas to use Dubler for controlling QLab, VDMX, Ableton live and MagicQ
And start to make som music myself.
Looking forward to start playing around.
Norwegian hugs to all!

4 Likes

Hi All,

This is Dave Ward. I am the MD of TiME. Technology in Music Educadion and Executive Director of JAMES. I have been excitedly waiting for my Dubler but I live in FINLAND and we have a postal strike here at the moment. SAD, SAD no Dubler. As soon as it arrives and I am set up I will join in more. As a singer Dubler is my dream come true and we shall be spreading the word in the Education community in the UK. Cheers

2 Likes

Hi everyone!

I’m Richie, I produce under the alias Dirty Secretz and just received my Dubler kit over the weekend. For me I see the kit as a way to get ideas out of my head and into the DAW real quick because I’m forever using voice notes on my phone to record melody ideas.

I’ve only really been playing with it for a few hours but had a lot of fun with it so far - realised quite fast that I can’t hold a note all that well but hoping to improve with time lol.

I made a quick first-look video for my Youtube channel to hopefully spread the word a bit more on there, just put it live:

Looking forward to getting more time with it over the coming weeks :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That was a really great video Richie. I had the same kind of thing in my mind that I would be able to put the music in my head on to the DAW with ease but I’m not a singer either, nor can I hum a tune the way I had thought I could!

2 Likes

Hey everyone, my name is Stephen, I am a mechanical engineer and music is my hobby. I have some big problems with finger pain (osteoarthritis) and can not play correctly keyboard or acoustic guitar anymore… Playing electric guitar very low action still goes, but slowly… I hope that I will be able to convert many music ideas in my head to MIDI using Dubler Studio Kit. I use Orb Composer; RapidComposer and Reaper.
My Dubler Studio Kit has arrived yesterday but I will have to wait till the next weekend for the fun to start… Anyway, while making floor heating design in my daily job I will find enough time to read the topics here…

1 Like

I just got my Dublr kit in the mail. Planning to hit the studio tonight and test em out. I’m producing Contemporary Soul, Funk, Hip Hop stuff. Hope this works well. Will let you know. Oh, I’m in Ableton as well. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hello everyone, Michal Turtle here, artist, producer and writer, hoping to use the Dubler in my live set.

1 Like

Hi, I’m PhotonBoy in Arizona, US.
I have many projects; working in Drum and Bass, Improvisational Jazz, Punk, and primarily scoring Incidental Music for my videos.

Working mostly in Reaper, with some work in Ableton (I only have the Lite version, alas)

Got my kit yesterday, and hoping to improve my soft synth control with Dubler.

Cheers.

1 Like

Hi everyone. My name is Stephan. I’m from Amsterdam, the Netherlands. I work in ICT. Started making electronic ‘music’ in the early 90’s. First on some trackers (Amiga) and later on Cubase 3.0 on a Atari Mega STe (still works like a charm).
Quit making music after 5 years or so. Started again in 2017 using Ableton 9, 10 with a Push2 and some nice VST’s but, later on, also external gear like Roland TR8S, TB03, a Moog Subsequent37 and a Nord Micro Modular. For me it’s a hobby.
Received my Dubler kit the day before yesterday and tried some stuff. I like it a lot.
I will use the Dubler for chords, melodies and to control effects etc. I’m bad at beat boxing but maybe I will learn in time. :wink:
I produce all kind of electronic music. Love to explore freaky combinations and new styles.
I want to be free to produce what I want and that’s usually not what people want to hear.
It’s a good thing I don’t have to earn my money with it :wink: It’s just4fun.

Grz
Stephan

2 Likes

As Dubler works just as a MIDI controller you can also control lights with your voice if you use a MIDI compatible software. Just a possible interesting experiment if you work in light and sound design!

2 Likes

Nice, I used to use Impulse Tracker on PC: I remember using ProTracker but I was pretty young :slight_smile: Miss the days of the scene and downloading tracker tunes.

2 Likes

Oh yes! That was my main reason for backing on kickstarter. I’m already beatboxing video effects in VDMX :star_struck:

2 Likes