FL Studio crashes every single time I attempt to use Vochlea

Greetings

Im using a Apple M1 Big Sur

My FL consistently crashes when I attempt to use vochlea - I get 10 seconds of use out of it then I receive this error Message :

FL Studio (20.9.2.2424) [Apple Silicon] r26855 has encountered an error and needs to restart.

Crash log saved to /Users/tommycrowder/Documents/Image-Line/FL Studio/Support/Logs/Crash/ folder.

Please use Cmd+C to copy this message and report to support.

**Exception: **
MacOS Big Sur Version 11.2.3 (Build 20D91)
Bus error or misaligned data access

**Callstack: **
00000001061A0000:00000001069CF600: FLEngine_x64.dylib

Iā€™ve tried reinstalling the Vochlea app, Updating FL and even swapping out the cables. This has been a pretty nauseating experience because I havenā€™t found any help online. Is Vochlea fully optimal with M1 computers ? I didnā€™t have this problem when I was using windows PC. Really looking forward to hearing from you guys soon , I love Vochlea its so discouraging not being able to use it.

Hi Tommy,

Dubler has been tested and should run without issues on M1 computers. It may be something to specific to FL Studio but itā€™s hard to say at this stage. Could you let us know your computer specs? Do FL Studio and Dubler presumably run without issues independently and this only happens when they are open together? Could you also send a screenshot of FLā€™s audio preferences

Thanks for your patience, weā€™ll work to get this resolved for you!

Firstly, thank you so much for your fast reply man. Im on a MacBook Pro M1, 2020 running Big Sur 11.2.3. FL and Dubler runs perfectly fine independently - this only occurs when iā€™m attempting to use Dubler inside of FL. Ive attached screenshots of my audio settings and midi settings.

Thank you Liam.

Thanks for sending those over. Weā€™ve been testing with FL and Mac here in the office, and canā€™t seem to recreate any crashes. Could you also clarify if FL only crashes when you start to use Dubler, or if it crashes when Dubler is open even if itā€™s not used

If you could try a couple things it could help us pinpoint where the issue lies. Could you first try open FL on itā€™s own and put your buffer size to itā€™s maximum amount and then try to open Dubler (The latency would obviously be incredibly bad here but if it runs it could indicate itā€™s a CPU issue)

Secondly could you first open Dubler on itā€™s own and turn off both the triggers and pitch via the toggles at the top of the play tab

If you then open FL studio does it crash, and if not can you turn just one side on to work with?

Thanks for your patience on this, weā€™ll try get to the bottom of whatā€™s causing these crashes

Hello

FL only crashes when I start to use Dubler - I can leave the Dubler application on without any issues but as soon as I start to use it within FL I receive that Crash Log. Iā€™ve opened FL with the buffer size all the way up and it still crashed. Turning the triggers and pitch off didnā€™t cause it to crash however, as soon as I turn either one of them back on FL proceeds to crash.

Hi, thanks for testing that. It seems to be a MIDI based issue rather than a CPU problem. Unfortunately, as mentioned itā€™s not something weā€™ve been able to recreate on our end. Could you let me know the specific version of FL you are running?

Iā€™m unsure if this will resolve the issue but could you setup an IAC driver and use that as a the MIDI input in FL as opposed to our virtual MIDI port? It may be interesting to see if this makes any difference. You can see our guide explaining IAC drivers and how to set them up here - https://vochlea.com/tutorials/setting-up-an-iac-driver-on-mac-2

Thanks again for your patience on this, if we need weā€™ll reach out to image-line as the crash reports will be more useful to them than us in regards to whatā€™s causing this

Hello! Just purchased a MacBook Pro 14" with the M1Pro chip. I am having the exact same issue! FL studio crashes when I use Dubler inside it. I have made a short screen recording to show you guys.

Just tried with the IAC Driver Bus. Still crashedā€¦ How unfortunate, I was really excited to use Dubler!

Hi Thobie, very sorry to hear that. Could you message us with your full computer specs and any specific error logs you are getting in FL Studio? As mentioned earlier on this thread itā€™s not an issue weā€™ve been able to re-create so if we can gather some more details we can contact image-line to see if they can shed more light on this

Hi, Iā€™ve just tried it again today and it has not crashed yet. I didnā€™t do anything different. Im still experiencing some bugs but at least it doesnā€™t crash after 5 minutes of use anymore. Im using FL Studio producer edition v20.9.2. Crash 2022-07-09_200505.log (828 Bytes)

Thanks for sending that over. Itā€™s hard to pinpoint why it would now be working if there have been no changes but weā€™ll keep track of this and contact image-line. I would recommend doing the same on your end if possible, as they will be able to look at the FL crash log and pinpoint the cause of the issue. If you continue to experience bugs, or are unable to use Dubler properly, please email us at help@vochlea.co.uk and we can setup a video chat to take a look in person!

Hi Everyone, Iā€™ve been continuing to look into this and we managed to get a fix for one user by turning off ā€˜Send Master Syncā€™ on any MIDI inputs on their device. Especially if this was set to Dubler

Screenshot 2022-08-12 at 15.49.30

If anyone is still having this issue could they try turning Send master sync OFF in the MIDI preferences. You have to click on each individual device to make sure itā€™s off for every one. Let me know if this helps or not

Hi Liam! Iā€™ve tested it. It still crashes. But only if I really try to sing in it. So I open Dubler 2, do my settings. Minimize it and go back to FL Studio. Still fine. Then I go to a VST, sing my first Notes (without record) and baaam it crashes. So really only when I sing into it. Maybe I sing too obliquely xD Itā€™s really frustrating, Dubler 2 changed my whole workflow and made my beats much more organic. Iā€™ve written to Fl Studio support, but all I get is generic answers like ā€œlaunch 3rd party plugins with Rosettaā€.

Hi. Sorry to hear youā€™re still getting crashes. If you havenā€™t done so already please email us at help@vochlea.co.uk and we can arrange a video chat. That way we can take a look at person and hopefully get this resolved!

Having the same problem with a Mac mini m1 and a MacBook air M2.
Did any of you guys solved it?
Itā€™s impossibile to use the software like this.

Hi everyone,
We found the latest update to FL Studio 21 has solved the crash issue for some users. For anyone on this thread who is still facing the same crashes please update FL to version 21

1 Like