Is dubler 2 for me?

Hey! I was hoping to share what I’m looking for and if you think Dubler 2 is a good fit for me.

I’m a singer / songwriter and usually just pay a producer to help with the instrumentation and recording. I just play basic ukulele which is how I write my songs. I would love to show up to the studio with more of the song done on my part and dubler2 seems like it may be the easiest way for me to accomplish this.

I have little to no experience using music producing software … just a semester or 2 in music school but it’s been many years since then. I know music theory but it’s not my forte at all.

Does dubler2 have any options for editing vocals or adding reverb ? Or would I be able to transfer it to another software to easily do so? I know I’ve read some reviews claiming if you sing out of tune a little on dubler2, it kind of makes things complicated but I’m not sure I really understood why or whether or not this would be a serious issue for me.

Obviously this will all be new for me and I’m sure it will take time and practice no matter what.

I would love to know your thoughts and recommendations. Thank you

Also why is a dynamic microphone needed over a condenser ? After some research I was convinced a condenser would fit my needs more so I had one on my list ready to purchase. I guess I’ll do more research into dynamic mics but I would love an explanation if you are able :slight_smile:

Hi!

Dubler doesn’t have any options for vocals or adding effects like Reverb, this would all be done inside of the music producing software you choose to use. Dubler is a MIDI controller used to control sounds and record ideas within your DAW (digital audio workstation)
You can think of Dubler like a MIDI keyboard or launchpad, but controlled using your voice. It simply allows you to input a melody or rhythm but everything else including editing, effects, what sounds you use e.t.c are all done outside of Dubler. Some basic knowledge of DAWs is required to use Dubler but we have support materials depending on what software you decide on (The studio kit comes with a copy of Ableton Live Lite)
If you haven’t done so already I would recommend checking out our full walkthrough to understand this in depth - Dubler 2: Full Walkthrough - YouTube

We also offer support via email, and can do one on one video chats if you need help getting started. Regardless Dubler has a return window so if you find it’s not for you you can return it for a full refund no questions asked!

Dynamic mics are preferable for our use case as they are more suited to pick up focused signal sound, and consequently pick up less background sound. We’re interested in just the detectable triggers and pitch sounds from your voice so a dynamic mic helps eliminate any other sounds that might interfere with detection.

Condensers on the other hand pick up a lot of more in depth sounds, and are very sensitive compared to dynamics. This is great for recording vocals in lots of detail, but all the unwanted background sounds condensers pick up makes detection in our app slightly more difficult. That’s not to say you can’t have a good experience with a condenser, just the dynamic mic will give more reliable and accurate results.

Sorry for the essay reply but let me know if you have any questions!

Thank you. Yes, I think this is still something that I need because I hear what I would like the chords or other instrumental parts of my songs to sound like I just don’t know how to play or create those sounds. Do you think, considering I am unexperienced with any producing software, that it would be more simple for me to just learn how to do this using whatever music producing software I decide to use, rather than trying to learn seperate softwares at once? I know I can just get a midi keyboard but I’m not so confident in my piano skills and ability to play whats in my head and transfer it to the piano. That’s why when I saw dubler it seemed like something that could really help me.

So lets say I create all the instrumental parts to my song with dubler, and then I would be able to transfer it to another program and add my vocals on to it, correct? I’m aware my questions are really newbie and probably obvious, it’s just all so new to me and I would like to have a better of understanding of what is even possible before purchasing.

Thanks so much for your time.

No worries at all. I think it may be useful to play around initially with a trial of a DAW such as Ableton. You’ll then be able to get to grips with what you’d need to know in order to produce a basic demo. Once you have the basics down I think you would be able to decide whether Dubler would help get speed up this process or not!

You wouldn’t create the instrumental parts IN Dubler, this would all be done in your DAW but USING Dubler if that makes sense. Let me know if you have any other questions. We will have a video coming out very soon for users who are completely new to Ableton Live Lite and I’ll post that on here in the next few days

Thanks for all your help. Okay so the instrumental sounds would be coming from a DAW, but I would use dubler to sing into the mic and create the melody for that sound, did I get that right?

Yes that’s correct, Dubler is telling the DAW what notes to play and this can be applied to any sound or instrument you like

That’s incredible ! Thanks for all your help. I’ll start experimenting with abelton but I have a feeling I will be back for the dubler2 soon :slight_smile:

No worries, if you have any general Ableton questions feel free to ask on here as well!

Do I own the copyrights to music that I created using dubler 2 software?

Yes absolutely! Dubler is simply a tool to record ideas with just like a keyboard for example. You own everything you create using Dubler 2